My five-year old girl is as skinny as a praying mantis because she eats meagre portions at the rate of one rice grain a minute. She can take one hour to eat a serving that her second brother will take two seconds to wipe clean. I wish she’s a cartoon character, then I can open her mouth wide and tilt in the plate of rice into her mouth, close it shut and force her to gulp everything down. Think Popyeye guzzling his can of spinach and you’ll get what I mean.
She always has lots of excuses not to eat :
1. I’m full already or I’m not hungry. (This after two spoonfuls of rice.)
2. My hand pain.
3. My feet pain. Super-pain. (She just coined this new word – must be all that superhero stories I’ve been telling her.)
4. I got mosquito bite here. (Point to hand, leg, stomach or wherever she’s been bitten.)
5. I got stomach ache. (Followed by thumping of tummy to produce bong-bong sound).
6. My mouth pain.
7. My tongue itchy.
8. I don’t want to eat __ (whatever has been served).
9. My head pain.
And the latest in her arsenal of excuses ….
10. My panties itchy (scratching her waist).
But she’s never too full or too painful for ice-cream. Maybe I should just feed her tubs of ice-cream to fatten her up.