I’m looking for a column title for Eh Poh Nim’s wordy tales in The Star’s Mind our English (MOE) column. I have suggested a few titles to the editor but he didn’t think they were suitable.
If you’d like to lend me a hand, please put on your thinking cap and send me your suggestions in the comment box. I will shortlist the titles and let the MOE editor have the final say. So that you wouldn’t make the same mistake I did, I’m listing here the suggestions that have been shot down :
1. Eh Poh Nim
2. Eh Poh Nim’s Way with Words
3. Eh Poh Nim’s Witty Ways
4. Learning English with Eh Poh Nim
5. English with Eh Poh Nim
6. The Expressions of Eh Poh Nim
7. Eh Poh Nim’s Wordy Endeavours
8. The Endeavours of Eh Poh Nim
These titles are too wordy with the exception of no. 1. Eh Poh Nim is too bare and doesn’t say anything much as it’s just a person’s name.
An autographed copy of my new book, Honk! If You’re Malaysian and bragging rights : “I coined that title, you know!” each time Eh Poh Nim appears in MOE.
1. The title must be short and catchy. It shouldn’t be more than 5 words.
2. The title need not have the name of Eh Poh Nim.
3. Please do not submit a name that has been suggested by another participant as the earlier submission will get the prize if it is the winning entry.
4. There is no limit to the number of submissions per person.
5. Anyone can enter the contest but the book prize will only be mailed to a Malaysian address.
Tues, 14 November 2006