This is a Yellow Post survey.
She was turning 29. She was getting a pretty nice figure on her paycheck. She was a support manager dealing with NZ clients in a ‘Fortune 500 MNC’.
Now, she’s gone. She died after 8 hours on laptop, her mother said.
No matter how high she was ‘flying’ in her career, it mattered no more.Back then, she had to work day and night just to cope with her workload. She didn’t even take a day off when she was really sick because ‘its not worth it’ as she was on a 6-month contract (whereby her MC will be on a non-paid basis).She had been feeling unwell, but she had no time to attend to her health. In her blog, she wrote, I really thought I would be able to do everything, that I can be a supergirl as well, but my health is worsening at a fast rate.
That happened to a 29-year-old woman. Now, let me ask you a few questions:
1. How many hours do you work (i.e. working on your laptop for 8 hours straight, without any breaks) each day?
2. How often do you exercise? (When was the last time you went out to get fresh air?)
3. How important is Vitamin M (Money) to you? Do you think money can buy everything?
4. Are you overstressed?
5. Do you know that over-working can kill?
6. If yes, how do you de-stress yourself/ balance your life?
7. Which would you choose: Money or Health?
The questions above are set as a guideline only, any extra comments/ opinions are most welcomed….Fyi, your answers will be published in Yellowpost, a free weekly social paper distributing within Klang Valley, if possible, together with your personal photo.
Kindly revert back asap! (by tomorrow, that is). Please forward to people you know…Really need your support to get responses!
Thanks a lot!
TM Info-Media Sdn Bhd